Staff Correspondent: Construction of the Tk 8.5 thousand crore multi-lane tunnel under the Karnaphuli River begins February 24.
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina will inaugurate the construction work.
The primary groundwork to construct the tunnel and build up twin cities on both banks of the Karnaphuli River has already been completed.
The tunnel will be constructed with financial and technical assistance from China, while the Bridges Division of the Road Transport and Bridges Ministry will supervise the work.
The 4-lane tunnel will be 3.5km in length, while the approach road on both sides of the river will be around 6 km. The tunnel will connect the proposed Asian Highway to the Dhaka-Chittagong-Cox’s Bazar Highway.
- 1.5 m slam dwellers at high fire risk in city
- Prime bank MD Rahel faces case by colleague
- BB asks banks to avoid expensive vehicles, luxury decoration
- BGMEA demands 200 acres land
- Gas development fund not being properly utilised
- ACC opens inquiry against BSEC chair
- Strict supervision must to protect Meghna River
- BIDA to create 24,000 new entrepreneurs in 2 years
- Soil-friendly tools must deliver to farmer: Razzak
- 2 more die of dengue, 1626 fresh infected