Staff Correspondent: Construction of the Tk 8.5 thousand crore multi-lane tunnel under the Karnaphuli River begins February 24.
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina will inaugurate the construction work.
The primary groundwork to construct the tunnel and build up twin cities on both banks of the Karnaphuli River has already been completed.
The tunnel will be constructed with financial and technical assistance from China, while the Bridges Division of the Road Transport and Bridges Ministry will supervise the work.
The 4-lane tunnel will be 3.5km in length, while the approach road on both sides of the river will be around 6 km. The tunnel will connect the proposed Asian Highway to the Dhaka-Chittagong-Cox’s Bazar Highway.
- TCB set to start selling Ramadan essentials today
- Artificial crab cultivation can boost export earnings
- Take immediate steps in risky buildings
- Bumper mango output expected in Rangpur
- 11th span of Padma Bridge to be installed today
- Ensure good governance in industries to increase productivity: Halim
- Bangladesh-Brunei sign seven MoUs
- Bangladesh to remain important source of workers for Malaysia
- Bangladesh forms €50m low-cost safer RMG fund
- Goodbye Jet Airways?