Staff Correspondent: Road Transport and Bridges Minister Obaidul Quader said after completing the six lines of Metrorail under the Dhaka Mass Rapid Transit (MRT) project, the common scenario of the traffic jam of Dhaka will be changed within 2030.
He said this yesterday while inaugurating the installing of power supply line and rail track on MRT-6 line at Diyabari in the capital. VPP of MRT line 1 and MRT line 5 has been approved, so there is no barrier to start work, he said.
The minister also said that one of these two lines of Metrorail will be 16 km and the other 13.5 km will be subway. Overall when 185 km’s will be completed, then we can see an undeniably beautiful scenario of traffic jam-free Dhaka.
“Today I am happy to say that 8.5 km of MRT line 6 has been visible,” Quader said and hoped to start the service since December 16, 2021.
Officials of Dhaka Mass Transit Company Limited (DMTCL) said that the Metrorail sample will arrive in the country this month.
A sample train will be set up at Metrorail Depot in Uttara’s Diyabari to give an idea of Metrorail to the residents.
DMTCL’s Managing Director MAN Siddique said, “There was no Metrorail in Bangladesh before. A sample of the Metrorail will be kept at the MRT Information and Exhibition Center to give people an idea of how the tickets to be collect, travel, enter and exit of the train and station directions.
The first set of original trains will arrive on June 15 this year.
Point to be mentioned that implementing the 20.10 km long MRT line-6 cost Tk 22 thousand crore till now.
- Loss incurring branch increasing in SoBs
- Impose of high taxes on tobacco products demanded
- All international flights suspended from Apr 14
- BJMC needs Tk 1,265cr more to pay employees
- Next budget to emphasis health service improvement: Kamal
- IMF, WB begin push to swap debt relief for green projects
- Use digital tech in trip management, ticketing
- 483 upazila health centres get Tk 14.49 cr allocation
- Dhaleshwari, Shitalakshma turn into death traps
- Cry for a bed