Industry Desk: Criminal Investigation Department (CID) of police has started collecting information regarding Lakshmipur-2 lawmaker Md Shahid Islam alias Kazi Papul who was arrested in Kuwait on charges of human trafficking and money laundering yesterday.
CID Chief Additional IGP Barrister Mahbubur Rahman said this while addressing a press briefing at the CID office in the capital yesterday.
When asked about Papul, Mahbubur Rahman said, “We are collecting required information regarding Papul. We are working on it considering various issues as it is an international issue. Hope, we will be able to give an update on the issue very soon.”
The CID chief also said all the godfathers involved in human trafficking are under the surveillance of CID.
- Bangladesh’s cases surpass 2.6 lakh
- RAB raids ex-home minister’s hospital in Gazipur
- Govt asks admin on wearing masks
- Govt’s main goal to ensure vaccine first
- Panam City restoration work to begin soon
- PM asks authorities to prepare for long floods
- 10 lakh saplings to be planted on river banks
- India registers Jamdani as their product
- Financial institutions must craft strategic response
- Tk 266 cr of Tk 3,000 cr disbursed in 3.5 months among low-income group