Staff Correspondent: China-Bangladesh joint venture company M/s. Golden Ocean Limited will invest US$ 1.46 million to establish a Garments Accessories industry in Ishwardi Export Processing Zone.
This company will produce annually 65 million yards of Elastic, Ribbon, Shoelaces, Folder Elastic and Jacquard Elastic. M/s Golden Ocean will create employment opportunity for 92 Bangladeshi nationals.
An agreement to this effect signed between the Bangladesh Export Processing Zones Authority (BEPZA) and M/s Golden Ocean Limited at BEPZA Complex, Dhaka yesterday. Zillur Rahman ndc, Member (Investment Promotion) of BEPZA and Amin Nargis, Director of M/s. Golden Ocean Limited signed the agreement on behalf of their respective organizations.
Major General S M Salahuddin Islam, BP, SPP, ndc, psc, Executive Chairman, Mohammad Faruque Alam, Member (Engineering), Nazma Binte Alamgir, General Manager (Public Relations), Md. Tanvir Hossain, General Manager (Investment Promotion) of BEPZA were present at the signing ceremony.
- NGOs impeding’ Rohingya repatriation, Says Govt
- Dhaka seeks strong global response to resolve Rohingya crisis
- Govt borrows Tk 230b from banks in 35 days
- Saudi firm looks to invest in BD’s port infrastructure
- UN chief urges world to stamp out religious persecution
- BTRC, NBR accounts of online advertising by telcos differ massively
- Gold set for worst week in nearly 5 months
- 90m cubic feet of gas caught in system loss
- 24,735 hajis return home
- Tanners agree to pay dues in three phases