Staff Correspondent: New books will be distributed among the students within 12 days after the inauguration of the new book festival on December 31 this year, said the Education Minister Dr. Dipu Moni.
“Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina will inaugurate the new book festival on December 31 this year as usual. However, the educational institution will distribute new books to the students of each class in three days in phases. Thus, books for sixth-grade to ninth-grade students will be distributed in 12 days,” she said at a virtual press conference yesterday afternoon.
State Minister for Primary and Mass Education Md. Zakir Hossain, Deputy Education Minister Mohibul Hasan Chowdhury Nowfel, secretaries of the Ministry of Education and the Ministry of Primary and Mass Education were involved in the press conference online.
“There are plans to open the educational institutions in a limited way next year,” said Education Minister. “Not only in Bangladesh but also in other parts of the world, public examinations have been canceled due to the coronavirus pandemic and the candidates have been evaluated in an alternative system,” Dr. Dipu Moni also said.
She further said that this year, the test has been evaluated through the assignment. “85 percent of the students have completed the assignment with great enthusiasm.”
The Education Minister said the educational institutions could be opened between February to March 2021. The government is thinking so that the students can take lessons from the classroom. “We are also trying to take SSC in 2021 and HSC and equivalent examinations in July-August.”
She added that the results of the HSC examination of 2020 will be given soon. An ordinance will be issued in this regard. Besides, next year students will be given the ID numbers instead of roll.
- Loss incurring branch increasing in SoBs
- Impose of high taxes on tobacco products demanded
- All international flights suspended from Apr 14
- BJMC needs Tk 1,265cr more to pay employees
- Next budget to emphasis health service improvement: Kamal
- IMF, WB begin push to swap debt relief for green projects
- Use digital tech in trip management, ticketing
- 483 upazila health centres get Tk 14.49 cr allocation
- Dhaleshwari, Shitalakshma turn into death traps
- Cry for a bed