Industry Desk: A 4-day Director General (DG)- level Border conference between Border Guard Bangladesh (BGB)and Indian Border Security Force (BSF) has begun in Guwahati, the capital city of Indian State Assam.
BGB Director General Major General Md Shafeenul Islam is leading the 11-member Bangladesh delegation while his counterpart BSF DG Rakesh Asthana is leading the 12- member Indian delegation.
This is for the first time in four decades that the border conference between the two border forces has been organized outside New Delhi, the capital of India.
The conference will end with the signing of a Joint Record of Discussions (JRD) on December 25.
The objective of the border talks is to discuss border-related issues, including killing of Bangladeshi nationals along the borders as well as to enable better coordination between border guarding forces of the two countries.
Contacted, BGB headquarters’ Public Relations Officer Md Shariful Islam told that the Bangladesh delegation entered India through Tamabil (Sylhet)-Dauki (Meghalaya) ICP.
IG Hardeep Singh of BSF Meghalaya Headquarters received the delegation.
Then the Bangladesh delegation went to Guwahati by a BSF helicopter where BSF Director General Rakesh Asthana welcomed them with flowers.
- Malaysian labour market uncertain for syndicate
- ACC gets new chairman commissioner
- Graduation from LDC will create more opportunities
- Covid brought under control with united efforts: PM
- Jaishankar arrives today to deepen BD-India ties
- $58 m PPP project approves for Patenga Container terminal
- New power system master plan unlikely this year
- BD to import 550,000 mt of rice to boost stock
- Govt targets $30b annual remittance
- JS body for building satellite city in Dhaka