Industry Desk: The government has taken an initiatives to send workers to six new countries as a part of efforts to export manpower to alternative labour markets.
The countries are Cambodia, Poland, China, Romania, Croatia and Seychelles, said the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Bangladesh Missions abroad are working relentlessly so that the labour markets for Bangladeshi workers in foreign countries do not shrink, said the Ministry.
Diplomatic efforts are also going on vigorously for exploring new labour markets.
Last month, migrant workers remitted $1.96 billion against $1.44 billion in the same month a year ago, Bangladesh Bank data showed.
- We must prioritise a green Covid recovery: PM
- Nation on high risk
- Bangladesh faces Tk 237 b gap in microfinance supply
- Consultant hiring delays Matarbari LNG terminal
- Service income hits $992 m in 2-month
- Tk 338 cr project planned for digital land zoning
- N-95 mask scammer JMI chairman Razzak held
- Apparels destroying Asian rivers
- Demo for auto-renewal of Saudi visa, return tickets in Dhaka
- Bangladeshis among 113 migrants held in Slovenia