Staff Correspondent: Bangladesh yesterday inked an agreement with the International Organization for Migration (IOM) for providing necessary support to the migrants who returned home with loan burden.
Additional Secretary of the Economic Relations Division (ERD) Sultana Afroz and IOM Deputy Chief of Mission Sharon Dimanche signed the agreements on behalf of their respective sides at ERD in the city, a press release said. Under the agreement, IOM will implement a project, titled ‘Bangladesh:
Debt Mediation for Returnee Migrants’ with a cost of $2,00,000 within March
2021. Under the project, IOM will conduct a study on migrants who returned
home with loan burden and will form necessary policies to give the migrants
necessary supports for bringing them in the mainstream of the economic activities.
- BIDA to complete one- stop service by Sep this year
- China-BD JV company to invest $ 1.46m in IEPZ
- PM stresses formulation of master plan for development
- RMG export to non-traditional market grows by 22 percent
- Govt won’t provide power to unplanned industrial zones
- Mannan urges expatriate to invest in BD
- Primary students dropout rate decrease by 18.6pc
- Negative growth of capital machinery import concerns for economy
- Climate change blights children’s lives in BD
- Online media to be disciplined after registration