Staff Correspondent: Bangladesh yesterday inked an agreement with the International Organization for Migration (IOM) for providing necessary support to the migrants who returned home with loan burden.
Additional Secretary of the Economic Relations Division (ERD) Sultana Afroz and IOM Deputy Chief of Mission Sharon Dimanche signed the agreements on behalf of their respective sides at ERD in the city, a press release said. Under the agreement, IOM will implement a project, titled ‘Bangladesh:
Debt Mediation for Returnee Migrants’ with a cost of $2,00,000 within March
2021. Under the project, IOM will conduct a study on migrants who returned
home with loan burden and will form necessary policies to give the migrants
necessary supports for bringing them in the mainstream of the economic activities.
- LC opening declines by 20.89 pc in BD
- Markets abuzz with shoppers ahead of Eid
- Govt working to improve living standard of people: PM
- Keraniganj Garment Hub
- Exclusive economic zone for Japanese investors
- Allocate extra Tk 100b to procure paddy: BNP to govt
- Govt initiates move to construct multipurpose terminal at Payra Port
- BD made most progress in access to power: WB
- Exporters may get more cash incentives
- Must keep footpaths clear to reduce tailbacks: DNCC mayor