The private-sector businesses involving foreign loan or supplier credit would now get deferred payment time limit beyond one year.
“Any eligible importer might submit an application to the BIDA (Bangladesh Investment Development Authority) for extension of usance period or refinancing to be allowed by suppliers or lenders against permissible deferred imports with credit exposure to the importers beyond one year,” as per a Bangladesh Bank (BB) circular issued on Tuesday.
Applications will have to submit to BIDA (formerly Board of Investment) at least one month before maturity of the deferred imports concerned, the circular added.Earlier, importers used to get such facility up to one year.
- Loss incurring branch increasing in SoBs
- Impose of high taxes on tobacco products demanded
- All international flights suspended from Apr 14
- BJMC needs Tk 1,265cr more to pay employees
- Next budget to emphasis health service improvement: Kamal
- IMF, WB begin push to swap debt relief for green projects
- Use digital tech in trip management, ticketing
- 483 upazila health centres get Tk 14.49 cr allocation
- Dhaleshwari, Shitalakshma turn into death traps
- Cry for a bed