Sports Reporter: Bangladesh have achieved comprehensive series whitewash across all three formats against Zimbabwe in this home season after they beat the visitors in the second and last T20 International by 9 wickets yesterday.
Team Tigers reached the Zimbabwe-set 119-run target with 25 balls remaining at the Sher-e- Bangla National Cricket Stadium in Mirpur.
Earlier in the day, Bangladesh won the toss and elected field first against Zimbabwe in the match. Bangladesh bowlers restricted Zimbabwe to 119 for seven though Brendan Taylor scored unbeaten 59 off 48 balls.
Al-Amin and Mustafizur Rahman bagged two wickets each.
Earlier Bangladesh beat Zimbabwe by 123 runs in their third one-day international to complete a 3-0 sweep in the three-match series in Sylhet on March 6 They also won the only Test against the visitors by an innings and 106 runs in Shere Bangla National Stadium, Mirpur, Dhaka on February 25.
- Instability in rice market causes concern again
- Budget to facilitate money laundering
- IMF approves $732m emergency assistance for Bangladesh
- Who cares health safety directives?
- COVID-19 hits hard BD RMG sector
- Cyclone hits Bangladesh coast in the evening
- Tk 35cr Benarasi Eid sales lost in pandemic
- Faulty tests posing risk
- Banks adopting austerity policy to adjust losses
- NEC approves ADP involving Tk 205,145 cr for new FY