Sports Reporter: Bangladesh have achieved comprehensive series whitewash across all three formats against Zimbabwe in this home season after they beat the visitors in the second and last T20 International by 9 wickets yesterday.
Team Tigers reached the Zimbabwe-set 119-run target with 25 balls remaining at the Sher-e- Bangla National Cricket Stadium in Mirpur.
Earlier in the day, Bangladesh won the toss and elected field first against Zimbabwe in the match. Bangladesh bowlers restricted Zimbabwe to 119 for seven though Brendan Taylor scored unbeaten 59 off 48 balls.
Al-Amin and Mustafizur Rahman bagged two wickets each.
Earlier Bangladesh beat Zimbabwe by 123 runs in their third one-day international to complete a 3-0 sweep in the three-match series in Sylhet on March 6 They also won the only Test against the visitors by an innings and 106 runs in Shere Bangla National Stadium, Mirpur, Dhaka on February 25.
- PM’s gift to 34 beggars to give up begging
- Rooppur project may face delay for corona
- 13 banks still violating BB guidelines
- One-fourth of taxpayers file returns so far
- Vegetable export drops by 64.64 pc
- 3cr doses of vaccine to be given free
- ACC sending letter to Interpol to arrest PK Halder
- Big incentives, tax cuts proposed for local auto industry
- Covid slows down beverage business
- High Aman price brings smile to farmers