Industry Desk: US Secretary of State Michael R Pompeo has emphasised the importance of advancing good governance, transparency, and democratic values, as Bangladesh continues its emergence as a key partner in the Indo-Pacific.
Pompeo on Monday met Bangladesh Foreign Minister Dr AK Abdul Momen in Washington and discussed increasing economic, security, and counterterrorism cooperation.
The US Secretary of State underscored that the responsibility for resolution of Rohingya crisis rests with Myanmar, which must create the necessary conditions for voluntary repatriation.
Pompeo emphasised how they will work with the international community to increase support for Rohingyas and host communities, while addressing the root causes and conditions in Myanmar. He lauded Bangladesh’s generosity in continuing to host over one million Rohingyas from Myanmar, said US State Department Spokesperson Morgan Ortagus.
- BIDA to complete one- stop service by Sep this year
- China-BD JV company to invest $ 1.46m in IEPZ
- PM stresses formulation of master plan for development
- RMG export to non-traditional market grows by 22 percent
- Govt won’t provide power to unplanned industrial zones
- Mannan urges expatriate to invest in BD
- Primary students dropout rate decrease by 18.6pc
- Negative growth of capital machinery import concerns for economy
- Climate change blights children’s lives in BD
- Online media to be disciplined after registration