Staff Correspondent: The government has appointed two deputy governors for the Bangladesh Bank. The newly appointed deputy governors are– Kazi Sayedur Rahman, executive director at the Bangladesh Bank, and AKM Sajedur Rahman Khan, managing director of Rajshahi Krishi Unnayan Bank (RAKUB).
The Ministry of Finance issued a notification yesterday on their contractual appointments.
With the new appointments, the number of deputy governors at the central bank is four now.
After the reserve heist in 2016, two deputy governors were removed and since then the central bank has never had the four posts occupied concurrently.
The Bangladesh Bank had three posts of deputy governor, which was increased to four last year. The fourth post was added on the condition that one deputy governor will be appointed from a commercial bank.
- PM’s gift to 34 beggars to give up begging
- Rooppur project may face delay for corona
- 13 banks still violating BB guidelines
- One-fourth of taxpayers file returns so far
- Vegetable export drops by 64.64 pc
- 3cr doses of vaccine to be given free
- ACC sending letter to Interpol to arrest PK Halder
- Big incentives, tax cuts proposed for local auto industry
- Covid slows down beverage business
- High Aman price brings smile to farmers