Sylhet Correspondent: Bamboo has been used instead of steel to repair deck of the third Shahjalal Bridge on the Surma river in Sylhet.
Road and highway workers gave bitumen plaque with bamboo on the joint of the important bridge of Sylhet-Sunamganj bypass road on Sunday.
Road and Highway Department (RHD) officials said bamboo has been used instead of steel for temporary renovation and it’s not risky.
The officer in charge of the bridge, Road and Highway Department Sylhet’s Deputy Engineer Nurul Majid Chowdhury said as the clips fitted with steel sheets on the bridge joints were broken and they were stolen. We used bamboo as a temporary solution.
He added that the steel sheets of the bridge joints broke due to excess freight traffic. It is not possible to re-plant those steel sheet. Therefore, pitch casting is done by pouring bitumen with bamboo. There is no risk.
Our correspondent could not reach to Sylhet RHD executive engineer Ritesh Barua even after trying multiple times.
- Foreign loan of pvt sector puts pressure on economy
- Bangabandhu is the architect of independent Bangladesh
- Apan Jewellers faces allegation of smuggling gold worth Tk 190 cr
- Indian parliament blessed 50pc criminal lawmakers
- Install scanner machines at ports, stations: PM
- 120,000 addl prepaid gas metres for Dhaka on card
- Dhaka welcomes Kathmandu’s proposal to use Saidpur Airport
- Coronavirus: BD provides medical logistics to China
- Regional passport office construction project goes on snail pace
- ECNEC approves project to enhance Mongla Port’s capacity with Tk 6,014.62 crore