Staff Correspondent: Australia Foreign and Female affairs minister Marise Payne will arrive in Dhaka today.
It will be first visit of an Australian Foreign minister after 21 years.
The Australia High Commission in Dhaka revealed the information yesterday.
The Australian Minister of Foreign Affairs and Women Affairs will attend the Third Ministerial Conference on Blue Economy of the Indian Ocean Rim Association (IORA) during the visit to Bangladesh.
She will also visit the Rohingya camp in Cox’s Bazar.
The IORA conference will be held in Dhaka from September 4-5. Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina will inaugurate the main event of the conference.
- Farmers lose millers gain
- Bangladesh sees fruit production boom
- No more industries on arable land: PM
- Govt to ban hydrogen balloon
- Widening inequality, disparity thwart to alleviate poverty
- Pension amount should be increased: Minister
- Aviation Consortium HISA expansion job to be costlier
- Toll collection policy for 4-lane highways on card
- New threat of heart diseases
- Full-scale scanning system at Ctg ports to install soon