Staff Correspondent: Australia Foreign and Female affairs minister Marise Payne will arrive in Dhaka today.
It will be first visit of an Australian Foreign minister after 21 years.
The Australia High Commission in Dhaka revealed the information yesterday.
The Australian Minister of Foreign Affairs and Women Affairs will attend the Third Ministerial Conference on Blue Economy of the Indian Ocean Rim Association (IORA) during the visit to Bangladesh.
She will also visit the Rohingya camp in Cox’s Bazar.
The IORA conference will be held in Dhaka from September 4-5. Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina will inaugurate the main event of the conference.
- Per head milk consumption stands 9.9 ml against 250 ml of standard
- Anti-dumping duty with India likely resolve soon
- No offender to be spared: Kamal
- 50 dangerous gang stars active in Bangladesh
- 9 m babies born in unrest part of world last year
- Investment of Tk 20,000 cr in 50 RMG factories jeopardize
- Jute exporters at EPZs seek cash incentive
- Wheels of country’s economy revolving
- Govt to take project for women tea workers
- 11,095 commit suicide in 2019 in Bangladesh