Planning Minister MA Mannan has expressed hope that the first section of metro rail from Uttara to Agargaon of the capital will be launched on the Victory Day (December 16) of this year.
He came up with the remark while visiting a depot of metro rail in Uttara of the capital yesterday.
MA Mannan said: “The length of Agargaon-Uttara metro rail is around 11.73 kilometers and there are four stations on this route. Viaducts (pillars for the overhead rail tract) have been constructed for 11.4 kilometers already and metro rail will run on this route from December 16.”
“I have confidence in our staff, engineers, those who are working for metro rail. As a result, we have a desire to inaugurate the first section of the metro rail till Agargaon on Victory Day.”
Managing director MAN Siddique, along with other high officials of the metro rail project, were present on the occasion.
- Malaysian labour market uncertain for syndicate
- ACC gets new chairman commissioner
- Graduation from LDC will create more opportunities
- Covid brought under control with united efforts: PM
- Jaishankar arrives today to deepen BD-India ties
- $58 m PPP project approves for Patenga Container terminal
- New power system master plan unlikely this year
- BD to import 550,000 mt of rice to boost stock
- Govt targets $30b annual remittance
- JS body for building satellite city in Dhaka