Staff Correspondent: The sale of advance bus tickets for Eid-ul-Fitr holidaymakers from Dhaka to other districts will start today.
“We have decided to sell advance bus tickets for Eid-ul-Fitr holidaymakers today from different bus counters including Gabtoli, Kamlapur, Arambagh and Kalabagan counters. Mahakhali bus terminal will begin selling of ticket from May 17,” said Bangladesh Road Transport Workers’ Federation (BRTWF) general secretary Osman Ali.
Talking to Osman Ali said bus ticket will be sold at the fare fixed by the government.
“We have taken steps to strictly monitor the sale of bus tickets to check both sales of tickets in black-marketing and charging of extra fare this year,” he added.
In addition, the BRTWF leader said bus companies have been asked to hang fare-charts based on distance at their respective ticket-counters.
“If anyone takes extra fare, action will be taken against them based on evidence,” he added.
Like previous years, bus tickets for travelling to the districts in the country’s northern and southern regions will be sold from Gabtoli, Technical and Kalayanpur bus counters.
Bangladesh Railway will start selling of advance train tickets from May 22.
“The homebound passengers for the Eid-ul-Fitr celebration will be able to procure their advance tickets for the train services from May 22, which will continue till May 26,” Railways Secretary M Mofazzel Hossain told earlier.
- LC opening declines by 20.89 pc in BD
- Markets abuzz with shoppers ahead of Eid
- Govt working to improve living standard of people: PM
- Keraniganj Garment Hub
- Exclusive economic zone for Japanese investors
- Allocate extra Tk 100b to procure paddy: BNP to govt
- Govt initiates move to construct multipurpose terminal at Payra Port
- BD made most progress in access to power: WB
- Exporters may get more cash incentives
- Must keep footpaths clear to reduce tailbacks: DNCC mayor