Staff Correspondent: The Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC) is sending a letter seeking an intervention of INTERPOL for arresting fugitive Prashanta Kumar Halder alias PK Halder.
Dhaka Metropolitan Court issued an arrest warrant against PK Halder, former managing director of International Leasing and Financial Services Limited (ILSFL) and NRB Global Bank, on November 26.
ACC lawyer Khurshid Alam Khan confirmed it to the media.
He said ACC will send a letter to the INTERPOL within two or three days for bringing back PK Halder. The international police organization responded by sending a reply seeking some quires in this regard.
According to sources, PK Haldar, the alleged mastermind behind one of the biggest financial scams in the nation’s history, fled the country in October last year, despite an ACC travel ban. The ACC is investigating the allegations against PK Haldar. According to their investigation, he has embezzled at least Tk11,000 crore from various organisations and financial institutions. According to ACC sources, the amount of embezzled money may increase as the investigation progresses.
- Foreign investors take U-turn from bank shares
- Bangladesh’s friendship with India helpful for development: Hasan
- Japan-Bangladesh relations reach a new height: Envoy
- BD to buy 100,000 tons rice from Myanmar
- People’s Leasing chairman Intl Leasing ex-MD arrested
- Income won’t increase if agriculture not improve
- Economic recovery delayed for slow vaccine rollouts
- Over power generation to incur huge loss for plants
- Corona death toll crosses 8,000 mark
- Flow of 6 economic indicators uprising