Staff Correspondent: The director general (DG) level conference of Border Guards Bangladesh (BGB) and Indian Border Security Force (BSF) will start in New Delhi today.
The five-day border conference will end on December 29 through signing of ‘Joint Discussion Document’ there, said an official release yesterday.
On the inaugural day of the conference, the two DGs of the neighbouring countries will sit for a meeting at Chhawla camp of BSF in New Delhi.
An 11-member Bangladesh delegation headed by BGB Director General Major General Md Shafeenul Islam will join the conference while BSF Director General Shri Vivek Kumar Johri will lead a 19-member Indian delegation.
During the visit, the BGB director general will call on India’s home affairs minister Amit Shah. Marking the conference, a ‘Moitri Cup Tournament’ will be arranged between the volleyball teams of BGB and BSF at Chhawla camp stadium on December 27.
- Delta Plan to ensure economic growth
- Biden sworn in as 46th US president
- Economy rebounding from corona shocks
- BB buys record $5.49 b from banks in 6-month
- Fish production boost up by 50pc in 11-yrs
- Dhaka Elevated Expressway now visible
- Highlights on Daily Industry Best Rated Bank Award
- Bangladesh can implement mega projects by own fund
- 90pc public services to be digitized by 2021: Palak
- Turkey wants to use Ctg port