Staff Correspondent: Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina has said that her government is putting special importance to deal with coronavirus. For this, another 4,000 nurses will be recruited soon.
The premier said this while speaking in the parliament session yesterday.
She said, ‘I have already instructed health minister to appoint the nurses. The recruitment will be completed soon.’
Reiterating zero-tolerance policy of her government against corruption, PM said, ‘Nobody will be spared if someone is found involved in corruption. The government is committed to eradicating corruption completely. The government will continue the drive against corruption to carry on the country’s development.’
Sheikh Hasina said, ‘The common people have suffered losses financially due to the coronavirus outbreak and inflation.
Taking these issues into consideration, the tax-free income limit for individual taxpayer has been increased as a gift Mujib year. Alongside, it has also been proposed to reduce tax rate. Besides, a proposal has been made to reduce the corporate tax rate by 2.5 percent. It will help bringing comfort in lives of low-income people.
PM also expressed hope of increasing private investment.
- Papaya farming gains popularity
- Banking sector faces Tk 25,904 cr capital shortfall
- Buses to run with half of passengers during Eid
- CID collecting info on Papul
- Sayeed Chowdhury removed from One Bank for default loan
- High charges hampering investments in EPZs
- Driver and Master of Mayur-2 responsible
- Textile millers relying on African cotton
- Fresh borrowers face trouble to gain stimulus loan facility
- Former-NRBC Bank chairman Farasath Ali banned for 2yrs