Tangail Correspondent: A huge tailback was created on the Dhaka-Tangail Highway yesterday morning causing acute suffering to the homebound people.
Hundreds of city dwellers boarded buses to head back home after government announced closure of all public and private offices in efforts to contain the spread of the novel coronavirus
The 40km jam stretched from Chandra to Natiapara, Md Monirujjaman, officer-in-charge of Mirzapur Gorai Highway police station, said.
On Monday, the government declared the shutdown effective from March 26 to April 4 to contain the spread of the virus. The announcement came following three deaths from Covid-19 and a steady rise in the number of positive cases.
Also, people were advised not to go out of home unless they need to collect food, medicine or receive treatment.
- Cry for food in houses
- PM directs providing food aid to the poor
- BB asks banks to support BD stuck abroad
- Media and govt will work closely to combat corona
- If society rots, we none can save us
- Cleaning workers may be silent carriers of COVID-19
- BB asks banks to release forex of travelers’ cards
- RMG gets good news amid corona epidemic
- Mirpur stadium can be used as hospital: BCB
- Lockdown disrupts supply chain of essential goods