Staff Correspondent: Education Minister Dr Dipu Moni yesterday said the government has brought a total of 1,624 educational institutions under the Monthly Payment Order (MPO) system in the last 10 years.
“Assuming in the state power in 2009, the government has so far brought a total of the country’s 1,624 non-government educational institutions under the MPO system to enhance the quality of education,” she told the Jatiya Sangsad while replying a starred question placed by ruling party lawmaker Ali Azam (Bhola-2).
As a result, Dipu Moni said, more facilities for the education of students were created, apart from ensuring employment opportunities for a huge number of teachers and employees of the non-government educational institutions.
As per the directives of Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina, she said, the government has already published the Monthly Pay Order (MPO) Policy 2018 aiming to bring the recognised non-government educational institutions under the MPO system.
The education minister said as the part of a plan to bring the recognised non-government educational institutions under the MPO system, online applications have already been received from the interested institutions following the MPO policy. Now, she said, a process is underway to bring the eligible educational institutions under the MPO system.
- 15 Kidney syndicates active in social media
- Saudi deported 940,100 illegal expats in 17-month
- NBR to massive drive against private clinics and hospitals
- Special police unit to ensure metro rail security: Hasina
- Food-grain import LCs see a surge
- 3000 Bangladeshi to lose citizenship in Italy!
- DSE turnover fells below Tk 4 b mark
- Banks asked to use memory management system of punished employees
- Tk 750 b dozing annually under the imports of bonded warehouse
- Hasina receives Dr Kalam Smriti Awards