Munshiganj Correspondent: The 14th span of the much-hyped Padma Bridge is scheduled to be installed today.
The ‘3-C’ span will be set up on the 15-16 pillars of the bridge, said an engineer of Padma Bridge Project.
Earlier, the 150 meter long span weighing 3,140 tons was taken near the pillar by a floating yard ‘Tian-E’ from Mawa Kumarbhog Contruction Yard on Thursday but it couldn’t be installed due to inclement weather.
Now the span is being anchored near the pillar no 15. A dredging work is going on in the area. Earlier, on May 25, the 13th span of the much-hyped Padma Bridge was installed on the 14 ad 15 no pillars.
The Padma Multipurpose Bridge started becoming visible with the installation of 150-metre span on pillars 37 and 38 on October 30, 2017.
Work on the country’s largest bridge started in December 2015. The 6.15-kilometre bridge will have a total of 41 spans, each 150 metres long.
According to the engineers concerned, a total of 41 spans will be installed on 42 concrete pillars.
- Bank lockers become safe haven for ill gotten resources
- No act of injustice to be tolerated in edu institutions
- Tanneries gone but not pollution
- Job termination to hit poverty reduction rate, GDP growth
- Extreme poverty to fall below 5 percent
- Onion prices rise again in Dhaka after brief fall
- Universities will decide about banning politics on campus
- BB makes existing beneficiary apparel makers ineligible for 1pc cash incentive
- Vegetable farming rises sharply in BD
- Bangladesh reiterates commitment to protect children’s rights