Industry Desk: With power in 51 upazilas, 100 percent power will be a reality. By next June, power will reach grid areas though for off grid areas, extension of solar power will take another six months. All in all, by December, work for 100 percent power connection will be done.
The work for 100 percent power began in 2012 and in 2016, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina inaugurated upazilas which have come under power connection.
Of the 461 upazilas in the country, 410 have come under hundred percent power.
An officials of Rural Electrification Board (REB) said: “There are around 1000 villages in off grid which are mostly in char areas, especially in Bhola, Patuakhali and Kurigram. So these areas cannot be given power connections and hence power will be given in alternative ways. We will illuminate the villages with solar power.”
- BD needs to increase investment ratio at 45 pc to GDP
- SSF gets two units of Goldwing motorcycles
- Rejection of 68,000 house building proposal may breach poor’s dream
- Some mega projects might be affected: Chinese envoy
- Bangladesh eyes stronger commercial ties with Qatar
- 1st coach of Metro rail arrived
- Govt extends tenure of Fazle Kabir as BB Governor
- Child labourers on the rise
- Agent banking gains popularity in rural area
- Mobile radiation exposure not harmful to health, environment : BTRC