Industry Desk: With power in 51 upazilas, 100 percent power will be a reality. By next June, power will reach grid areas though for off grid areas, extension of solar power will take another six months. All in all, by December, work for 100 percent power connection will be done.
The work for 100 percent power began in 2012 and in 2016, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina inaugurated upazilas which have come under power connection.
Of the 461 upazilas in the country, 410 have come under hundred percent power.
An officials of Rural Electrification Board (REB) said: “There are around 1000 villages in off grid which are mostly in char areas, especially in Bhola, Patuakhali and Kurigram. So these areas cannot be given power connections and hence power will be given in alternative ways. We will illuminate the villages with solar power.”
- Cyclone hits Bangladesh coast in the evening
- Tk 35cr Benarasi Eid sales lost in pandemic
- Faulty tests posing risk
- Banks adopting austerity policy to adjust losses
- NEC approves ADP involving Tk 205,145 cr for new FY
- Super cyclone Amphan to sweep over BD
- This Eid should not be the last Eid :IGP
- Thousands gather at Mawa Ghat to cross Padma
- Ban on tobacco production marketing amid pandemic sought
- BD braces for Cyclone ‘Amphan’ amid pandemic