Staff Correspondent: State Minister for Power, Energy and Mineral Resources Nasrul Hamid yesterday said 100 percent electrification will be ensured in all grid areas of the country within December this year.
“We have to ensure balanced electrification development in all places across the country,” he said this while speaking as the chief guest at the solar home system installation ceremony through video conference from his residence Baridhara.
Northern Electricity Supply Company Limited (NESCO) has initiated to install solar home system in off-grid char areas of Rajshahi.
He said, “Activities for supplying electricity in every house of Bangladesh are going on under the direction of Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina.”
“Smart meters, smart grid, modern transformer and underground cables will enhance power services,” he said.
The state minister said Char-Asariyadah, Char Alatuli, Char Mazardia, Char Khidirpur areas were brought under power access through solar home system.
At present, there are 58 lakh solar home systems in the country, the minister informed.
The state minister directed distribution companies to increase consumer services. There are 6,500 consumers at the four char areas, of which 1,582 received solar home system connection. Every house will be brought under power facility in phases.
With Chairman of NESCO’S Board of Directors AKM Humayun Kabir in the chair, lawmaker Md Ayen Uddin, power secretary Dr Sultan Ahmed and managing director of NESCO Zakiul Islam connected and spoke at the ceremony.
- PM’s gift to 34 beggars to give up begging
- Rooppur project may face delay for corona
- 13 banks still violating BB guidelines
- One-fourth of taxpayers file returns so far
- Vegetable export drops by 64.64 pc
- 3cr doses of vaccine to be given free
- ACC sending letter to Interpol to arrest PK Halder
- Big incentives, tax cuts proposed for local auto industry
- Covid slows down beverage business
- High Aman price brings smile to farmers